Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Roses and Fangs: ch. 3. Convergence pt. 7.

Kara smiled as she rested her head against Sam’s shoulder. Her arms were currently looped around Sam’s neck, and his own were gently resting around her hips as they swayed gently. They had gone out with a group of friends to one of the very few dance clubs in the city, and Kara was enjoying the slow song the clubs dj was currently playing.
Kara smiled as she thought about how sharp Sam looked in his black shirt and dress pants, and how her own red cocktail dress complimented the crimson handkerchief that peaked from his breast pocket. With her heels on she was actually slightly taller than Sam, though if anyone noticed no one said anything. She knew from the looks and some of the whispered comments that she and Sam looked good together. Yet one thing still bothered her.
“I should have put on some hose,” Kara winced as her leg brushed against Sam’s as they danced.
“Why? You look fine,” Sam reassured her.
“I changed earlier,” Kara replied softly. “I’m always a little hairy afterwards.”
Sam chuckled lightly, “I wouldn’t have noticed if you didn’t say anything, and I don’t think anyone else could even tell.
Kara growled lightly, “It’s not funny. It’s itchy and gross.”
Sam quit laughing, but he kept his amused smile. “Sorry it itches.”
She rolled her eyes. “You’re mocking me.”
“No,” he replied. “I just don’t get why girls make such a big deal about shaving.”
She smirked, “Yeah? Well, when our legs aren’t all smooth and shiny you guys seem to think it’s a big deal.”
“Ah I don’t know. I happen to think you’re quite pretty when you have hairy legs. Especially when you also have a busy tail to go with them.”
“Shush you.” Kara giggled and playfully hit him upside the back of his head, but she smiled as the music changed and she spun around to face away from him.
Her smile grew as he wrapped his arms around her pulling her gently back into him and he whispered into her ear, “I love you.”
There was no hesitation in her answer, nor was there anything but total and complete honesty when she answered. “I love you too, Sam.”

No comments:

Post a Comment