Saturday, April 21, 2012

Succubus Companions Ch 3 pt 2


When Vician returned that afternoon she was still so deep in thought she did not notice Vician come in.  She was startled when she felt arms on her shoulders gently shaking her out of her trance.  She looked up into Vician’s piercing blue eyes.  As she stared into those blue orbs that seemed to be searching into her soul an almost primal hunger stirred deep within her.  With a shudder, she took a deep breath and tried in vain to force her hunger down.  “What, what is it?” she asked, her voice shaky.
“I asked if you were okay,” the concern that was in Vician’s voice was echoed with the wave of emotion that was blanketing her mind. 
She grasped on that emotion and used it to bury the nearly overwhelming desire to feed and instead focused on trying to navigate the intense feelings rolling off him.  When she was certain she was in control again she let out a soft sigh.  “Not really,” Serpahine admitted.  “I’ve been cooped up in this room for months unable to go anywhere, or do anything other than practice my magic.  I am growing weak.”
“Growing weak?  Are you dying?  Do I need to release you so you can go home?”  Vician stepped back and examined her with his eyes, his worry pouring into her mind so intensely that she would have staggered if she wasn’t sitting.  “If the deal we made is harming you, tell me now and I will release you.”  Though part of him was disappointed at the prospect of losing his unusual familiar, Seraphine blinked as she realized he was sincerely more worried about her wellbeing than the status and power he stood to gain.
“No, I am not dying,” Seraphine assured him. “I just need to get out.”  She paused and looked up meeting his eyes.  “I need to take my mind off my hunger,” She said softly.
Vician looked to the sack he brought with him.  “Am I not bringing you enough food?  I can bring more.”
Seraphine shook her head.  “Not that kind of hunger.”  Her leathery wings arched and she let out a soft sigh as she jabbed her thumb at herself.  “Succubus remember?” she reminded him bitterly. 
She rested her hands on her chin and looked to the floor.  “While the food helps, it doesn’t really sustain us.  I understand your desire to keep me in this room, but being in here all the time with nothing to do but clean or practice my magic makes it hard to ignore the hunger.”

No comments:

Post a Comment